11.09.2005

Wednesday, November 9, 2005

UNDER THE WEATHER... ugh

I woke up this morning feeling like crap; I could feel the aches and pains coming on during the night and I knew that by today I was going to feel like shit (and I do). And to make matters worse, the weather's crappy too. A lovely combination. Yay.

I'm currently in a Fantasy Hockey league with MASTER THESPIAN and MR. TANQUERAY. We are pretty competitive and try to put together the best team possible, which in theory, is what you are supposed to do in order to win. But in the process of doing just that, you eventually come across some people who think that the value of their team is much higher than what they really are. And when that happens, it becomes almost impossible to deal with them. That has become the case with MR. TANQUERAY, who swears that he has the best players on the planet and in turn, demands the moon for them in any trade offers. It has become almost comical now that whenever we see each other (which is at least once or twice a day), we eventually get into a debate over hockey players, trade offers and the knowledge of the sport. Other patrons now shake their heads whenever they see us in conversation because they already know that we will start haggling over players at some point. Sometimes I have to remind myself that it's only fantasy.... Boys will be boys I guess.

$3 HEINEKEN/AMSTEL LIGHT DRAFTS and $5 MIXED WELL DRINKS for the ladies tonite. I also want to give you a heads up on an upcoming promotion: Next Friday night at 6pm, we will be sponsoring THE GREAT IRISH LIFT. What is the GREAT IRISH LIFT? Stay tuned for more details. I promise you will love it.....

I'm going back to bed. If some fair maiden wants to bring me some chicken soup for my soul, that would be great (hint, hint). I'm also toying with the idea of subscribing to Satellite Radio. If anyone out there currently has Sirius or XM Satellite radio, please post your comments on your experiences with them (pros and cons). Much appreciated.

NUFF SAID

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Swanfather,

You must have been the kid who got pissed in the school cafeteria when the other kids wouldn't trade you their meatball parm heroes and Snickers Bars for your fried olive loaf sandwiches and boxes of raisins.

Your pal,

Mr. Tanqueray

Swa said...

I'd never trade away a fried Olive Loaf sandwich, especially if it was Boar's Head...