8.29.2008

Friday, August 29, 2008

SAY ADIOS TO SUMMER....

As we approach the Labor Day Weekend, it's time to take stock in the fact that this is the last weekend of the summer (well, not really, but you know what I mean). I don't know about you, but I believe that this particular summer went rather quickly.... It seems as if it was only yesterday when we were getting ready for Memorial Day weekend.

Some of the highlights of this past summer:

1) Getting a new lease on life. The bar finally negotiated a long-term lease extension which resulted in us staying without having to worry about finding a new location. You guys don't know howclose we came to having to pack our bags and making that move. Things work out for a reason I guess.

2) EURO '08. This was a short tournament but it brought in a whole new set of patrons that we wouldn't have seen normally. The passion of the fans of this tournament was addicting and definitely fun to watch. I personally found a new-found appreciation for the Turks.

3) Napoleon/Smurfette's Wedding. I shocked pretty much the whole bar by actually leaving Murray Hill and making my way up to Newport, Rhode Island for the nuptials of Ryan and Rachael, better known as NAPOLEON DYNAMITE and SMURFETTE. The trip was well worth it as I had the best time in such a long time. Between the lovely setting, the great live band, awesome fellow guests and having the honor of being a part of the ceremony, it was a pretty good time.

4) AOL CITY'S BEST SPORTS BAR CONTEST. This was something that came out of the blue and captured the attention of everyone in our bar for weeks. After all was said and done, the bar got a nice shot of publicity after beating the likes of ESPN Zone, Blondies, 40/40 Club, just to name a few.

5) Renovations. Watching the reactions of everyone who came into the bar, expecting to see crap and finding something totally different was worth all the hard work that went into sprucing the place up. More encouraging was the reactions of everyone who used the bathrooms. Nothing more needs to be said. Giddy up!

I could go on and on, but quite frankly, I can't remember them all- it's been that kind of summer.

Well, at least I can begin looking forward to the Fall. Hopefully it will be as comfortable, and fun as this past summer. In the meantime- stay cool as we're supposed to get some hot temps today!


TONIGHT: AFTER-WORK Power Hour (5pm-10pm.): All beers, Mixed Well Drinks are $4.00.


WEEKEND HOURS: FRIDAY (normal hours)

SATURDAY (11am-closed) Kick the Keg Saturdays (catch yours truly behind the stick), with $2.00 mugs, ALL BEERS ON TAP!

SUNDAY (CLOSED)

MONDAY (Open @ 4pm).
MUG NIGHT MADNESS ($2.00 domestic mugs, $1.00 Bud, Coors, Bud Light, Coors Light mugs, ALL NIGHT LONG!


Have a great weekend everyone!!




Nuff Said

No comments: