9.12.2008

Friday, September 12, 2008

WHO'S UP FOR SOME TRIVIA?

We hosted our first Pub Trivia night on Wednesday and to be honest, I wasn't quite sure what to expect. I've read about Pub Trivia nights on the Internet and in newspapers and such; I've watched movies that featured Pub Trivia. But up until the other night, I've never actually been to a Pub Trivia night, let alone participated in one.

So I was as curious as the next person to see what would transpire on the Inaugural Third and Long Trivia Night.

Hosted by our own OPIE CUNNINGHAM, Pub Trivia Night turned out to be a pretty fun evening of useless trivia, good music, lots of women (a definite plus), and some serious competition from teams with some funny, colorful names (though I must confess, I cannot remember any of them at the moment). The theme for the evening was the color "Purple", in honor of the Purple beverage promotion we had going on at the same time.

Lasting about two hours, the competition was fun but fierce and the winning team scored a $30 bar tab while second place scored themselves a $20 bar tab. I think I may have noticed a hook-up or two between folks from competing teams. We almost had the unthinkable take place: A fight. Yes, a fight at Trivia Night. Who would have guessed it? Apparently one guy decided to make fun of a young lady by poking fun at her appearance, weight, etc. Real classy stuff.

Only problem was that he chose to mock this young lady.... in front of her not-so-happy brother, who flipped out when he saw what was taking place. Let's just say he wasn't very happy with the idiot who mocked his sister. If it wasn't for our staff intervening and "escorting" the idiot out of the bar, odds were pretty good that he was going to get pummeled.

All told, TRIVIA NIGHT was a great success. Hats off to OPIE CUNNINGHAM and his partner for running a good promo. If you didn't get a chance to check it out, come back next week as we'll start up another round of Trivia fun! Check the bar website for more details! And if you're wondering what's happening at Third and Long this weekend, check out the site!!

#1USC vs #5OHIO STATE VIEWING PARTY, Saturday Night, 8pm! Great drink specials throughout the game! Wear your team colors and let it all hang out!



Until then, enjoy the day!










Nuff Said

1 comment:

remy said...

great event!