10.21.2008

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

THE COUNTDOWN BEGINS.....

I spent the day catching up on personal errands and couldn't help but to take notice of the good ol' EMPIRE STATE BUILDING. Now we're located just a mere four blocks or so from the grand old building and I look at it every day, yet I always seem to take it for granted. But for some reason, today I took a special notice at it and realized how beautiful it really is. It's strong and majestic, and in a lot of ways, truly represents the strength of New York City. If you know anything about its history, you'll know that it was built in only 14 months and it still stands strong today. That kind of construction is unheard of by today's standards (notice it's been seven years and we've still not built anything on the World Trade Center site). The architecture of the building is decidedly "old-school" yet beautiful nevertheless. An old soul, much like myself.

Recently I've found myself hooked on a new show, TRUE BLOOD, the dark and mysterious series currently airing on HBO. HBO has always been known for its great tv series and while they have been off the mark the last couple of years (dare I say JOHN FROM CINCINNATI?), it looks like they have come up with a real winner in this case. Set in rural Louisiana, TRUE BLOOD revolves around a town of eccentric folks who are having existence issues with, ahem, vampires. It's a strange concept yet it's dark, entertaining and very addictive. If you haven't checked it out yet, I suggest you give it a try.

So, a week from now I should be up north in Canada, enjoying a break from the day-to-day trappings of Murray Hill. I haven't been to Canada in about seven years, so I am looking forward to the trip. I will also be spending my birthday away from the neighborhood for the first time in over ten years, so that will be a different experience for me as well. Now I hear that there is some betting taking place on whether or not I actually leave the neighborhood. You can be rest assured that unless you find me in the hospital in a body cast, I will be on that plane first thing Monday morning. Take that to the bank. ;) Until then, let the countdown begin!

DOLLAR DRAFT MADNESS ($1.00 mugs, BUD/BUD LIGHT) tonight!



Nuff Said

No comments: