11.10.2009

Tuesday, November 10, 2009


HOCKEY HALL OF FAME, CLASS OF 2009

Last night the NHL inducted its newest members of the Hall of Fame, the Class of 2009. And this year's group is indeed extraordinary. Here are the men who got the call to the Hall:

BRETT HULL

LOU LAMORIELLO

BRIAN LEETCH

LUC ROBITAILLE

STEVE YZERMAN


Read more about the Class of 2009 HERE.


FILE UNDER "WTF".

Just when we were finally getting Michael Jackson off of our brain, now comes the newest member of the Vitillago Society: SAMMY SOSA:

Now retired from professional baseball (under a cloud of steroid scrutiny), SAMMY SOSA seems to have turned his attentions to another cause near and dear to him: Himself.

Recently seen at an event in Las Vegas, SOSA is apparently undergoing a "skin regeneration" process (realllly...). What he's trying to achieve remains to be seen but if he starts walking around with a mask and stringy hair.... I'm just sayin'.

There's a film crew from the USA Network show "White Collar" setting up across the street from the bar. I wonder if they need me for a cameo?

HBO's "BORED TO DEATH" featuring Jason Schwartzman and Ted Danson just aired its season-ending episode and I found the show to be much better than I expected. Zach Galifianakis was consistently hilarious in his role as Schwartzman's best friend/partner in crime and the local scenery lent a lot of "coolness" to the show. If you haven't checked it out, you can catch repeats on HBO On-Demand.

Indian Summer continues to tease us with 70 degree weather on Monday and calls for mid-60's weather today. Who says we aren't dealing with global warming? How can something so wrong as global warming feels so right (65 degrees in November)?

CALL TO ARMS (or fingers): The NFL Network is looking for this week's most popular Sports Bar and THIRD and LONG is in the running. Go to NFL.COM/LIVE to cast your vote for our bar and perhaps we'll get some national TV exposure from all of this.



MOVEMBER UPDATE: Just wanted to give you guys a quick update on my fundraising efforts for "MOVEMBER, Changing the face of Men's Health". I have decided to join a global movement that is bringing much needed attention to cancers that affect men. I’m doing this by growing a Moustache this Movember, the month formerly known as November. My commitment is to grow a moustache all November and I am hoping that you will support my efforts by making a donation. The funds raised go to the Prostate Cancer Foundation and the Lance Armstrong Foundation (LIVESTRONG).

What many people don’t know is that 1 in 6 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer in their lifetime and testicular cancer is the most common cancer in men aged 18-35. Facts like these have convinced me I should get involved. Hopefully I can count on you to get involved by making a tax-deductible donation on my behalf. Thus far, I've raised $100.00 and our group, the "Mo-Vaughns" have raised $4, 275.00. It's still early in the month and we have time to up the figures so anything you can contribute would be greatly appreciated!

DOLLAR DRAFT MADNESS tonight (4pm-close), featuring $1 Bud/Bud Light mugs!


That's It. That's All I Got.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"White Collar" is a damn fine show. That one guy's friend is kind of shady, you could have a scene where they meet in the back of the bar!

B to the...