4.17.2010

Saturday , April 17, 2010

THE MATING DANCE BEGINS....

It's late Friday night; it's been raining off and on most of the night but it hasn't deterred the natives from coming out and blowing off steam.

The early part of night started out with yours truly having to step in from jump street and getting the bar back into some semblance of order. I kinda walked into a shit show for reason I rather not get into. Still sorting it out. Nevertheless, whenever my night starts out with me "in the weeds", it sets the wrong tone for me and I hate when that happens. However, once we got back on track, it was pretty much smooth sailing the rest of the way up to this point.

Hockey dominated the early part of the night as the NJ Devils faced off against the Flyers and there were plenty of Devils fans in attendance for that matchup; There were also a few fans in attendance for Pittsburgh/Ottawa and believe it or not, a small, enthusiastic group for the Blackhawks/Preds game. So we're continuing to do our part to bring quality hockey to the hardcore fan.

Lots of "small groups" in and out of the bar tonight, predominately girls, which is always nice (for me anyways). No creepy stories to report (then again, it's only 1am).

Had a "long day", starting with a hearing with the Board of Health early this morning. Hate going to those- I feel like we're going to get screwed with something, no matter what happens; going to a hearing is more about how much damage we can avoid from the judge as opposed to getting off scot-free (which never happens, by the way). We are usually pretty lucky when it comes to the Board of Health and its inspections, but I can't think of anyone who's ever come away from an inspection with a totally clean bill of health. In my opinion, it's a revenue-generator for the city, so they will get something out of you. It is what it is.

So coming back from the hearing, I was already in a bit of a mood; then having to walk into what I walked into during Happy Hour, it didn't help the situation, let's just say. But over time, things are coming together and everyone seems to be having a good time, which makes me feel better.

As we speak, the hook-ups are beginning to take place and I usually find this time of the night to be entertaining. So with that, I'm going to log off and get my entertainment on. Hope everyone have a good night/weekend!

That's It. That's All I Got.

No comments: