10.04.2010

Monday October 4, 2010

I HATE MONDAYS....

That always seems to be the popular phrase I hear each week and today I understand why.  The weather is crappy, I feel like crap (both mentally and physically) and everywhere I turn everyone I see seems to be wearing the "stink-eye" face.  One of my friends even tried to "unfriend" Mondays on her Facebook page.  Talk about someone who really hates Mondays! When you're coming off of a weekend (good or bad), it's simply hard to get back into work (or school) mode. So I guess in the real scheme of things, it's understandable to hate the first day of the week.  But you can't avoid it as there will always be Mondays.  So we grumble, throw out the stink eye and deal with it.  Which is what I will do today... doesn't mean I have to like it.  You know who else hates Mondays?  The U.S. Ryder Cup team as they choked out the last hole to lose to the Europeans in Wales, 14 1/2 to 13 1/2, in the first Ryder Cup final round to be played on a Monday (or so I'm told).

The past weekend for me was a total blur as I worked the whole time.  It was a mini-reunion of sorts as I came across many faces from the past, which is always a cool thing.  We also hosted a mini-reunion of members of the Fairfield University women's basketball team as well as a post-bachelor party for THE COOLER, as he prepares to march down the aisle next weekend.

Brew Crew Sunday was a mellow affair as the Miami Dolphins fan club had a day off (they will return in full force tonight vs New England).  That brought the bar back to the old days of relaxing football and fun times for the Corner Boys and the Sunday Brew Crew.  I personally enjoyed myself as I got to celebrate Christmas early:  The Cleveland Browns actually won a game, beating its rival, the Cincinnati Bengals 23-20.  And to add icing to the cake, I also got to see the Pittsburgh Steelers lose at the same time!  Christmas in Cleveland!  Woo-hoo!
















As I said before, it was a pretty relaxing day for Brew Crew football!
 
ON ANOTHER NOTE: If you haven't seen BOARDWALK EMPIRE on HBO yet check it out and tell me what you think.  It's really growing on me. And EASTBOUND and DOWN is simply hilarious.

Congratulations to the NY YANKEES on making the post-season again.  They start out on the road this Wednesday against the Minnesota Twins.  Join us for our Yankees/Twins Viewing Party (8pm) as we will air Game 1 (w/audio)! $15 Miller High Life buckets and $4 Mixed Well Drinks (for ladies) ALL NIGHT LONG!

TONIGHT: Monday Night Football tops the bill as the New England Patriots face off against the Miami Dolphins. The house should be a full one as the DOLFANS NYC will surely invade 3 & L!  It's also Mug Night Mondays, featuring $1 Bud/Bud Light mugs and $2 mugs, all other Domestic Drafts, all night long!

That's it.  That's All I Got.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GO TWINS!

DOTM