4.04.2011

AND THEN...THERE WERE TWO.

It's been a crazy couple of weeks in the world of College Basketball.  Starting with the new format of 68 teams and the "First Four" play in games, to the improbable runs of underdogs, jaw-dropping buzzer beaters and strange calls, it's been a tournament for the ages.  And after the dust had settled from the great Final Four games over the weekend, we are down to two very deserving teams in tonight's Championship game;  BUTLER and UCONN.

I'm almost afraid to make a prediction in this game simply because I have been riding a streak of futility lately and I don't want to jinx whomever I choose.  I will predict, however, that tonight's game will be a closely-fought affair and whoever wins will do it in the closing seconds, much like the second game in Saturday's Final Four.  There ya go.  Make sure you join us for the game tonight as we will carry it LIVE with AUDIO (9pm)!

Speaking of basketball, I have to tip my cap to the NY Knicks for clinching a playoff spot last night.  I never thought I'd ever say that again but yes, it's true.  The Knicks will be returning to the playoffs for the first time since 2004.  Great job by them.  That means that there will be something to look forward to at MSG in April, which hasn't had any activity in spring in a long time.  Now if the NY Rangers can hold on to the last playoff spot in the NHL's Eastern Conference, then the Big Apple will really be rocking!  Stay tuned!

TONIGHT: "Games n Mugs Night" featuring $1 Bud/Bud Light/Smuttynose mugs & $2 mugs, all other DOMESTIC mugs (5pm-close)! It should be a busy night with the NY Rangers playing for their playoff lives vs Boston (7pm), followed by the NCAA National Championship Game (Butler vs UConn, 9pm)!

Cheers!

No comments: