8.16.2011

THEY'RE BACK!!!!

It's the middle of August, traditionally one of the down times of the social calendar.  This time of year many people go away on vacation so 3rd Avenue tends to be a bit quieter than normal.  So with that in mind, I was prepared to catch up on some work and update the blog while playing manager at the bar.

So imagine my surprise when we found ourselves SLAMMED with an invasion of newly-minted NYU medical students, eager to meetup with their new classmates.  I wasn't expecting to see them until next week but hey, it is what it is....

















So while I didn't get to catch up on my blog and other projects, I'll gladly take the business any chance I get.

DVR ALERT:  If you are a fan of the JON STEWART SHOW, you can check out my boss and dear friend, MATT LONG on there tonight (11pm EST) as one of Jon Stewart's guests.  Read more about his interview in an article in today's NY Post.

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE 2011-12 kicks off today with opening round action between ARSENAL & UDINESE & FC TWENTE vs SL BENFICA among matches served up today.  Champions League matches continue tomorrow with BAYERN MUNICH vs FC ZURICH, ODENSE BK vs VILLARREAL CF followed by the Spanish Super Cup rematch between REAL MADRID & BARCELONA (5pm, live)!

And finally, don't forget about our long-running DOLLAR DRAFT MADNESS ($1 Bud/Bud Light mugs, 20 years running)!  Fun starts after work!


Cheers!

No comments: