6.12.2013

#BecauseItsTheCup... THE STANLEY CUP!




The final series in the race for Lord Stanley's Cup begins tonight as the BOSTON BRUINS face off against the CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS for the right to raise the Cup.  The Blackhawks hold home ice advantage, thanks to winning the President's Cup, however, Boston isn't afraid of playing on the road.  Both teams are a combined 6-0 in Game 1's this post-season, so something's gotta give.

As we are only minutes away from puck drop for the start of the Stanley Cup Final, I want to post my prediction for the series.  After much deliberation and going with my gut feeling, I like.....


CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS in FIVE.


I will follow up with another post after tonight's game, as well as give my perspective on what's going on with the NBA Finals, which has been pretty entertaining as well.  So if you'll excuse me, it's time for me to hit the bar for some great hockey and a couple of cold ones!


Cheers!


UPDATE: After almost 3 overtimes (4 hours and 40 something minutes), the Blackhawks  eeked out a hard-fought 4-3 victory, much to the delight of the hockey fans who stuck it out for the whole game.  What a great start to the Stanley Cup!


No comments: