THE WEEK IN REVIEW...
As I write this, I find myself exhausted mentally, drained physically and in one of those moods that lends one to feel at best, melancholy.
Renovations are more or less on schedule, sans a few hiccups here and there (I've watched more than enough episodes of "FLIP THIS HOUSE" to expect that). Up to this point it's been an interesting experience. I have to give credit to FIRE MARSHALL ED for being the driving force in this massive project. While I do as much as I can to help out here and there, he clearly has taken the bull by the horns in getting things done. I sometimes feel bad because of my physical limitations (leg), that I can't get in and get my hands dirty as much as everyone else, but he never complains (well about that anyway) about it, and that's nice to see. Clearly, we'd be in a shit storm if it wasn't for his efforts.
It's also been an interesting experience being home every night by 8pm. I'm used to just getting into the groove of my work day by 8pm and now I find myself done by then. You would think that I'd take advantage of it and get in as much sleep as possible. Problem is, my body is so used to being up at night that even if I were to fall asleep by say 10pm, I find myself wide awake again by midnight and up and awake until about 4-5am, when my body is used to falling asleep. Then I'm up and awake by 7-730 am and starting the work day all over again. Next thing you know, I find myself "hitting the wall" by late afternoon and feeling shot. Ugh.
Another side note: seeing the number of people walking up to the bar only to find that it's closed and seeing the reactions. More often than not, there's a "gasp", followed by a "whew" when they realize that we're only closed for a short while. Watching the groups of folks making their way back and forth on 3rd Avenue makes me feel left out of the action. I guess that's where the melancholy feeling comes in. You're so used to being part of the action that when you find yourself on the sidelines, it's kinda like the little kid who can't come out to play because he has the measles. WTF.
And to make the week complete- I found a new enemy in my cross-hairs: CHASE BANK. That's another story for another day...
So this week has been one of hard work, self-discovery, and learning. Who knows what next week will bring.
Enjoy the weekend.
Nuff Said
No comments:
Post a Comment