10.24.2008

Friday, October 24, 2008

IT'S THE WEEKEND!

And after a whirlwind week like this one, I personally am glad to see the weekend arrive( and not a moment too soon)! The weather has decidedly changed to the point where it's obvious now that any hint of summer we were enjoying is now long gone. Now I find myself tucked under mounds of blankets and comforters, wondering when the heat is going to kick in. Add to that is the preparation that I have to do before embarking on my trip "up north" where, by the way, the average temperature in Quebec during my visit will hover around the freezing mark. If I'm lucky (what was I thinking?).

As far as the bar goes, it's been an interesting week. I find myself meeting more and more "newbies" as they move into the neighborhood. Just last night alone I came across three lovely young ladies, all who recently moved within a block from the bar. One young lady in particular, just made the move to the Big Apple from Olympia, Washington, to more or less, follow her dreams. She wants to be a dancer and is taking lessons during the day while doing the "cocktail waitress" thing at night to pay the bills. The typical New York City story. It's always cool to hear the stories of what brought so-and-so to New York. The details are often the same but to listen to the way each individual tell their story.... I always find it fascinating. I think she'll find Third and Long to be her kind of place.

WHAT'S THE STORY THIS WEEKEND?

FRIDAY: After-Work Happy Hour (5-10pm), $4.00 Mixed Well Drinks and Draft Beers! NHL Hockey and College Football all night long!


SATURDAY: "Kick the Keg Saturdays" (12pm-8pm), $2.00 mugs, ALL BEERS ON TAP with 16 beers to choose from. HOCKEY NIGHT IN CANADA (7pm), WORLD SERIES, GAME 3, OHIO STATE vs PENN STATE (8pm) with BUD LIGHT BUCKETS,(6/$15.00) from 8-11pm, $4.00 Brooklyn Pennant Ale/Molson Canadian drafts all night long!


SUNDAY: "FAN-tasy Football Sundays" (better known as BREW CREW SUNDAYS), with a special guest appearance by BLONDE CHATTERBOX, back to visit from San Diego! $4.00 Bud/Bud Light drafts ALL DAY LONG!



Enjoy the weekend!

Nuff Said

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I heard those dancers get paid pretty well...

...if they take their tops off!!!

I hope to see some of those tonight at a Halloween party.

B to the...