1.16.2009

CRUEL AND UNUSUAL PUNISHMENT?

So you know how we've been dealing with wicked cold temps the last few days? When I say "wicked", I mean seriously brutal cold temps, (it's 12 degrees and dropping as I write this). That being said, you would think that you would do everything in your power to keep your staff warm, let alone the patrons of your establishment, right?

Take the bodega across the street from the bar. Excel News refuses to close it's door (I mean literally), because as the new owner puts it, "open door keeps the customers coming in".

Now seriously- it's 12 degrees outside and your poor employee is stuck behind the counter, freezing his nuts off, and for what? Because you want to sell an extra pack of gum or cigarettes? Dude, everyone knows your store is open- it's a 24-hour a day operation! You haven't been closed since I started working at this bar 13 years ago! Folks are going to come into your store and buy whatever they need! To subject your poor employee to brutally cold temps just because you want to keep the door open is ridiculous!

I know I probably shouldn't care because it isn't my store, but damn, where's the common sense in all of this? Things that make you shake your head, I tell ya.



Nuff Said.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, who's that guy who manages the bar who always props the door open and kills the AC when it's like a tropical rain forest outside?

Swa said...

Hell if I know...