1.15.2009

January 15, 2009

THE BIG CHILL, PT 2

Yesterday the weather pundits had been harping over and over about how cold it was going to be. And for once, they were correct in their predictions. It is cold. I mean, it is BRUTAL outside. it's currently 18 degrees at lunchtime and scheduled to drop to single digits tonight. And they are predicting even colder temps for tomorrow. Can anyone say "Brrrrrr"?

With the temps being as they were last night, I didn't expect much of a turnout last night for PUB TRIVIA. However, I was pleasantly surprised by what we got as we had more than a full house for what was a pretty entertaining night of trivia fun.




We also had JEREMY, one of our PUB TRIVIA regulars act as a special guest bartender for the night and he did a pretty good job for his first time out. He poured a pretty good pint and didn't break any glasses, which was key. And I think he made out okay, in "more ways than one" if you know what I mean...

FUNNY MOMENT OF THE NIGHT #1: There's a certain bartender whom shall remain nameless who came up with the quote of the night. The Pub Quizmaster asked this particular question: "What EXACTLY is "Big Ben" (famous London landmark) ?". To which our brilliant scholar answered with a straight face: "An office building." You can't make this stuff up.

FUNNY MOMENT OF THE NIGHT #2: Then there was the guy who for lack of a better description, was unique. He was a tall, scruffy, bore an Australian accent and let's just say, somewhat flamboyant. How flamboyant was he? He was sporting multiple rings and "Man-Uggs", or as I like to call them, "Muggs". He came in after striking up a conversation with a guy who was smoking a cigarette outside. The guy was clearly shit-faced and I don't think he was quite aware of the fact that this guy was clearly trying to pick him up. Even when he bought a round of Cosmos for himself, the drunk guy and his clearly-concerned buddy sitting in the corner of the bar. Needless to say he was probably thisclose to getting a guest for the evening if it wasn't for his concerned buddy saving him at the last minute. Pretty funny indeed.

Like I said before, the night turned out to be pretty good as folks chose to brave the elements in order to have a good time. We'll see if that holds true tonight as the temps will be dropping faster than my prom date's skirt.

Check out more PUB TRIVIA pics on our FACEBOOK page!


TONIGHT: "Bucket O'Lights Night" featuring buckets of Miller Lite, Michelob Light or Coors Light, 5/$15.00 (5pm-10pm).




Nuff Said

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

At least your single digits won't have a negative sign in front of them like I'm "enjoying" over here.

B to the...