5.09.2005

Monday, May 9, 2005

Sunny skys are upon us....

I find myself up rather early today; no special reason, just couldn't sleep. As I type, I'm watching GOOD DAY NEW YORK on Channel 5 and I can't help but to notice that there's a rather lovely statuesque brunette giving a report about various tidbits. As she's doing this, one can't help but to notice that she's wearing a black, very sheer blouse; now I know that it's pretty early in the morning and I may still have a bit of sleep in my eye, but i'm pretty positive that this woman wasn't wearing a bra, or if she is, it's a rather sheer-looking bra, b/c I could of sworn I saw those pink nipply things that the TV censors frown upon. The shot they had of her was a full body shot, then they suddenly cut away to a filmed segment, only to return to our lovely lass in a headshot....I guess they noticed too....lol!

The weekend itself was nothing to write home about. You no doubt know of my fiasco w/my travel plans last Friday, so I won't rehash that here. (Thanks again to Synge for offering some assistance to my plight). As far as business goes, it was rather good overall. The whole week in general was pretty good for us (thanks for your support!). FRIDAY NIGHT was very good in terms of happy hour; there was another going away party for one of our Tuesday regulars- she's moving to L.A. (our loss is their gain). She received a pretty good sendoff from her friends and she deserved it. She'll be missed. SATURDAY consisted of me and FRENCHY zipping over to the church to catch some of H.B.E.'s nuptials, then me rushing back to the bar to host an impromptu Derby viewing party. Saturday night was a pretty standard B & T night: lots of striped shirts, little princesses w/daddy's AmEx cards, and the occasional gold-chain wearing goomba. SUNDAY was a dark night for Third and Long as we were closed for Big Momma's Day. I took the day to relax a bit, take a walk to the Lexington Avenue Street Fair w/a "friend" and just take in the beautiful weather. I was walking and talking, not really paying attention to where I was going, and BOOM! I walked right into Samuel L. Jackson. He was shopping for CD's at the street fair and happened to be in my way. He looked up at me, I looked at him, did a double take and said "SAMMY!".... He laughed and walked away. Only in New York, kids.

UPCOMING HAPPENINGS: MON/TUES: Dollar Draft Madness (4pm-close).

WED: $3 Heineken/Amstel Light/Pabst Blue Ribbon (5pm-Close)

THURS: $3 Coronas/ Michelob Light/ Margaritas/ Sangria (5pm-9pm)

FRI: $3 Domestic Drafts /$5 Cosmos/ Appletinis/ Margaritas (5pm-9pm); DJ

Should be a great week! See you soon!

NUFF SAID

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Swandiddy,

Mmmm, morning nipples. Fantastic!

Who's this "friend" you speak of?

Mr. Gin

Swa said...

Now, now Mr. Gin....you know I NEVER reveal those things....it's all about the DL...

Anonymous said...

I was at that street fair and didn't see you or your "friend" or Sammy. hhhmmm...
~Angel

Anonymous said...

Swanschnizzle,

Ten Maker's Mark Gimlets will make you say otherwise! I know the code to the Swandad's Safe.

Yours in alcoholism,

Mr. Gin

Swa said...

*curses* GinMan, you think you got me figured out??? Grrrrrrr....

May Madame X welcome you into her lair...

Anonymous said...

Der Schwanze Vater,

May I be blessed with a citronella candle, a machete, rubber gloves, a clothespin, and someone else's member if ever I have to enter her "lair".

Yours,

Mr. Gin

Le Synge Bleu said...

so swandad, if you had to choose...which was more the highlight of your relaxed day off...your "friend" or sammy? hard to tell from the post...hmmmm...

Le Synge Bleu said...

so swandad, if you had to choose...which was more the highlight of your relaxed day off...your "friend" or sammy? hard to tell from the post...hmmmm...

Swa said...

Synge- If I had to choose, i'd probably say the "friend" b/c it was nice to have someone to chill with on that day, especially in light of the fact that it wasn't the best of weekends. As far as "Sammy"- he's old hat. I've met him before... I was just surprised that I bumped into him slumming at the fair. Oh and for Angel, perhaps if you were focusing on the people around you instead of the bootleg Vooie Lefant handbags, you woulda seen me....*snarf*

Anonymous said...

EW-I don't even like the real ones. I have much more important things to waste my money on. Like one of those melted down wine bottles...did you see them?
~Angel

Swa said...

Angel Those things were wack. I'm starting to wonder about you. I think you should stop by tonite for consultation...

Anonymous said...

Hmmmmmmmmm, what sort of CONSULTATION????

Yours,

Mr. Innuendo