8.19.2005

Friday, August 19, 2005

I'M BACK....

Sorry if I was M.I.A. lately; I got caught up taking care of the bar related as well as some personal business. While I didn't get most of my to-do list taken care of, I knew if I went another day without an entry, i'd never hear the end of it.

Thursday afternoon probably one of the nicest days i've encountered in quite awhile. The weather was perfect- not too hot, no humidity..picture perfect....until I got a visit from ye olde HEALTH INSPECTOR...

Now the HEALTH INSPECTOR is one the few people you hate to see, any time of the year. This person has the power to make your life miserable with one swoop of the pen And depending on the person that's doing the inspecting, they can make your life painfully unbearable for a few moments, or downright miserable. In this case, we were pretty lucky- the person doing the inspecting this time was actually pretty nice. After a few tense moments, we ended up passing the inspection, no harm, no foul.

The evening itself went pretty smoothly for the most part. I have to say, however, I am bummed out for not having my camera on me. There was this woman at the bar with her husband; an older couple-probably in their fifties. This woman had a hairdo....ahem, let's just say from the back, she was a dead ringer for TINA TURNER in that old "What's Love Got To Do With It" video....except she was caucasian. While she was inside, SEXYBLONDE came into the bar. She'd just arrived from a Broadway play and stopped by to say hi. I told her that TINA TURNER was in the bar, having cocktails. She got excited and ran to TEACHERS PET (who was bartending) and told her that TINA TURNER was standing behind her. T.P. looked at her, then at T.T., then asked S.B. if she knew what T.T. looked like. S.B. said she never seen her before; T.P. then casually said "well first of all, she's black.". Talk about a "blonde moment"......

There was also a large contingent of people who stopped by the bar to do a bit of pre-gaming before going to the NEIL DIAMOND concert. I didn't think ol' NEIL still had it in him to draw so many people. I gotta say,however, he just ain't my cup of tea....

FINALLY....it's my roommate FRENCHY's birthday. He rolled into the bar late night, arm-in-arm with a couple of lovely ladies... I thought he would actually get himself the ultimate birthday gift: a menage-trois. Alas, it didn't work out that way. He ended up putting one girl in a cab, and when it looked as if he was going to hit a home run with the other, he got"BLOCKED" by an unwitting fireman, bumming a cigarette. Ouch. So I'm not sure how he made out. I hope he gets something for his troubles....

HAPPY HOUR resumes tonite: $3 domestic drafts/$5 cosmos/appletinis/margaritas from 5-9pm. I'm sure i'm forgetting some things and I promise, if it comes back to me, i'll jot it down. Until then....

NUFF SAID

No comments: