8.20.2005

Saturday, August 20, 2005

R.I.P. JERRY....


I begin today's post with the report of the passing of my nemesis, JERRY. After three days of being under siege, he finally succumbed under the mighty forces of the SWAN army and his new-found secret weapon, the RATZAPPER. Now I know that I will probably get some flack from some PETA-card carrying members for cruel and inhumane treatment or something, but you know what? I'll take my chances when I meet my maker. I gave JERRY every opportunity to pull up stakes and move out of the territory, but when he resisted, something had to be done. So let that be a lesson to you diciples of JERRY...if you think about coming to my place, you will face the same fate.

Moving on, last night was a fairly quiet evening on 3rd Avenue. Quiet in the sense that there wasn't the usual hustle and bustle associated with a typical Friday night in "The Hill". I think that it's a big vacation week as I noticed that the car traffic during the day wasn't as hectic as usual. That being said, we did have a larger than normal share of tourists popping in; especially from England, Ireland and Italy. While we didn't have any problems of note in our place, I did notice towards the end of the evening a lot of drunken revelers staggering up and down the Avenue, with plenty of police cars rushing towards the area of 34th street. Not sure what happened but there was some type of commotion taking place- quite frankly, I wasn't that interested, as long as it didn't happen here.

Just a quick note: Voting will wrap up this week on the poll for "Favorite Female Bartender". So if you haven't voted yet (or voted enough), then get your votes in now. If you haven't a clue on what these lovely ladies look like- then get your ass to the bar and check them out! Tonite BLONDE CHATTERBOX will be working behind the stick, so if you want to see who you might vote for, stop by!

LESS THAN THREE WEEKS UNTIL FOOTBALL STARTS
! Woo-hoo!

NUFF SAID

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A frightening view from inside the Swan Lair. Hygiene be damned, as a bath towel sits mere inches from the roasted carcass of a dead mouse.

Swa said...

Sometimes you have to make sacrifices to prove a point.... and only you would focus on the towel and not at JERRY, you demented bastid....

Le Synge Bleu said...

ummm, did you have to include the picture swandad? you couldn't have just left it to our imagination?