8.22.2005

Monday, August 22, 2005

IT'S A BEAUTIFUL MORNIN'....

Well, technically, it's still nighttime; but since I find myself working a double tomorrow (I mean today), I figure i'd get this in now while I find myself motivated.

Saturday night was pretty much a repeat of Friday night in terms of quietness of the Avenue. We had some interesting moments throughout the evening, but nothing earth-shattering. There were definately a lot of "amateurs" out and about, shit-faced and zombie-like; A lot of them, no doubt, coming from the AmsterJAM concert at Randall's Island. A lot of them had the t-shirts bearing the concert name, so that was a bit of a giveaway. At one point, there was a group of about ten who came in and right away I had a bad feeling that a couple of them probably had too much to drink and really didn't need to be there. One guy in particular came in and immediately leaned his head against the window, while his mates were milling about, trying to pick up some chicks. Next thing you know, I hear a loud scream and I look up and see our window-leaner standing over a plastic cup of puke, half of which is on the window.....ugh! SO..... after tossing the guy and his mates, we are stuck with the lovely task of cleaning up the crap from the window and the floor...*grrrrrrr*

There were similar incidents like that throughout the evening, but like I said before, nothing earth-shattering. Speaking of "earth-shattering" moments, I forgot to mention that we had YET another reality-star sighting in the bar the other night... This time around, we were graced with the presence of Mr. "Average Joe", Adam um..whatever his name is. What an ugly f*****.... It's funny that he came in when he did, because I'd just watched him and his reality-show cronies on that joke of a show, BATTLE OF THE NETWORK REALITY STARS the other night. I distinctly remember commenting to myself how much of a joke this guy was. And there he was, in the flesh. He came in with another buddy and I think, his fiance (I read somewhere that he had just gotten engaged)....I got the impression that he was waiting for someone to recognize him, but of course, no one cared...so they left soonafter. I'm tellin' you, Murray Hill is turning into the Land of the Reality Stars.....

Today is Monday which, of course, is DOLLAR DRAFT MADNESS; This time, however, it's with a twist; This week we are offering $1 mugs of BUD, BUD LIGHT, SAM ADAMS and SAM ADAMS SUMMER ALE...all night long. So come see the SWAN and let's toss em' back! And let's hope for a "beautiful mornin'"!

NUFF SAID

No comments: