8.31.2005

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

ANOTHER DAY AT "THE HILL"....

It's a lazy Wednesday afternoon and I just realized that I haven't updated the blog. So with that..... here's the update!

On Monday I had my first fantasy football draft; It didn't go as well as I would have liked; partly due to lack of preparation and mostly due to lack of time. I spent the morning running around doing errands so that i'd have the afternoon free to do a little research before my draft. Of course, nothing ever goes quite as planned for the SwanFather; so my "free afternoon" of research turned more into a half-hour of research...tops. In any case, the draft went as planned and while I am not totally satisfied with my team, I view it as a challenge to make it work. And I love challenges.

As for Monday night- while I had a night off from the bar, from all observations from my moles, it was a pretty good night. The bar had a visit from a rather large party crowd from Ottawa, Canada. The bulk of the group arrived early in the evening and stayed pretty much the whole night. I guess they were excited at the prospects of paying only a dollar for a beer...more in line of what they are used to paying up north, eh? It was a also a "randy" night for the customers as there seemed to be quite a few hook-ups taking place... Even my doorman got into the act, walking off into the moonlight with a smoldering hot blonde....lucky bastid.

Tuesday was a pretty calm Tuesday night (as far as Tuesdays goes, anyways). While the night wasn't boring by any stretch, it wasn't slammed packed as normal. I chalk it up to pre-Labor Day slowdown that most bars experience before the long weekend. I got to have a few conversations with some long time regulars that hadn't been around most of the summer, and that was cool. I had some chick who apparently lost a shoe the night before begging me to help her find the shoe (I didn't have the heart to tell her that my barback threw the shoe out the night before); she even offered to show me a "special magic trick" if I helped her to find this shoe (I later found out that this "trick" has something to do with making a whole beer bottle disappear with her *fill in the blank*). It made me want to go out and buy a shoe just to see this.

We also had a visit from our two wild girls, ANGEL and HASHBROWNIE. They made a special appearance together to "blow off some steam" after a long week. And of course, when they come in, all hell usually breaks look, and last night was no exception. Between the dancing, body-grinding, shot-taking, etc... let's just say they left a lasting impression. Speaking of lasting impressions, they will be making a guest bartending appearance on Saturday, September 10; HASHBROWNIE is moving back to Fla; so this will be her last hurrah in NYC. If you thought you saw her at her best, wait until then! You ain't seen nothin' yet.

Tonite I have another fantasy football draft to attend, so hopefully things will work out better than my last draft. It's also IPOD NIGHT and thus far we've had some pretty cool playlists provided by YOU, the guest DJ. Keep them coming! $3 HEINEKEN/AMSTEL LIGHTS and $5 MIXED WELL DRINKS (for ladies) all night long! Wish me luck!

NUFF SAID

No comments: