8.29.2005

Monday, August 29, 2005

THE MADNESS BEGINS!

No, i'm not talking about DOLLAR DRAFT MADNESS (although it is dollar draft day); It's NFL MADNESS i'm referring to! Starting today and over the next few weeks , I am delving into the well-known ritual called the fantasy football draft. Guys out there know exactly what I am talking about. We spend countless hours poring over sheets and magazines with the hopes of drafting that perfect football team for cash, prizes and best of all, bragging rights. Now for those of you who don't know me, I am what they consider a fantasy sports F-A-N-A-T-I-C. I love sports and love participating in fantasy sports even more. I don't mind admitting that I have the knack for it. They say the brain is like a sponge and that being said, my brain is sort of a lop-sided sponge. On one hand, I can retain stats and facts about almost any player in any sport; (I am also great with remembering faces-once I meet someone, I will remember that face for life); yet on the other hand, I'm horrible with names of people that I meet on a day to day basis (example- say you stop by the bar, we meet and connect; a month later you stop by again, i'll remember your face but chances are I will have forgotten your name)...go figure.

If there is a fantasy sport available, chances are I have a team (or three). Whether it be football, baseball, basketball, hockey.... been there, done that. Hell, i've even had fantasy teams for obscure sports like golf, Premiership League Soccer, NASCAR and yes, bass fishing. What can I say? I love fantasy sports. It doesn't hurt that I am also the three-time fantasy football CHAMPION of Third and Long...

Getting back to my original point. Starting today, I join the legion of millions by participating in the first of many football drafts. That sends adrenelin through my veins because it tells me that NFL is coming back soon and that most importantly, I get to reunite with my Sunday Football Crew. I mentioned before that we are a tight-knit bunch who live for Sundays. We all love football, the camraderie it provides, and the escape from the mundane day-to-day existance that we have to deal with during the week. So beginning today, don't be surprised if you see a bit of pep in my step. Summer is almost over, football is almost here. I can thrive again.

In other bar news: Our own MASTER THESPIAN can currently be seen in a rather "interesting" commercial airing on MTV... It premiered last night on the MTV Video Music Awards... I repeat, the emphasis is on the word "interesting"....

The weekend itself was pretty low key; Not much happening on the Avenue and it's safe to say that the last exodus of the summer has begun. With Labor Day Weekend quickly approaching, it is safe to say that the city will be a ghost town. But we will still be here for some good pouring fun, all week long! So if you have no plans for the holiday weekend, we are here for you!

Enjoy the day!

NUFF SAID

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what's the commercial for?

Le Synge Bleu said...

glad you will have pep in your step and a smile on your face...you deserve it!