10.28.2005

Friday, October 28, 2005

IT'S A HAP-HAP-HAPPY DAY!

Thursday night turned out to be a pretty steady night; It all started with a couple of small groups of suits, hanging out after work. I'd been offered some tickets for the Rangers/Islanders game, but due to short notice, I couldn't find anyone to go with me, so I offered the tickets to MEAN GENE, our day bartender. He graciously agreed to take them off of my hands and I was happy to see that someone would enjoy them. So as I prepared to cut him loose so that he could go to the game, LAW-SCHOOL STUDHUNK arrived to work for the ITALIAN STALLION, who was out sick. Soon after, SEXY BLONDE arrived and my night shift was in place.

By this time, a steady stream of people began to fill up the place; it turns out that the majority of the group were either Virginia Tech fans, there to catch their team on TV, or Ohio State alums, getting together for an informal meetup. The combination of the two groups pretty much kept us busy for most of the evening. There were also nice sized clusters of females milling about the bar, which is always nice. There were a group of girls from Oklahoma who usually come by on Thursdays; I think one of them has a thing for our ITALIAN STALLION; almost bordering on stalking. She was especially disappointed when she learned that her beau was not in attendance.

FOR THE "DAMN I WISH I HAD MY CAMERA FILE": GOLDIE happend to be in the neighborhood and stopped by to say hi and to wish me a Happy Birthday. No big deal....except that he was nattily dressed from neck to foot (he's always ahead of the style curve). No big deal with that, however, as you scan above his neck, you couldn't help but to notice that he was wearing a pirate's hat and a sequin-studded eye patch. Looking like a tall version of Prince. Funny stuff.

At around midnight, SEXY BLONDE led the bar in an impromptu rendition of "Happy Birthday", and totally embarrassing me in the process. I usually don't do public displays of acknowledgement very well, so imagine the embarrassment I felt. So of course, after everyone finished singing, I fired the bartenders (I hired them back a minute later). It was a nice gesture.

I am taking off today so that I can acknowlege the anniversary of my existence. I plan on treating myself to something nice (although I quite haven't decided on what yet- ladies if you have any ideas, feel free to share); maybe take in a movie or something...who knows? I will be around at some point no doubt, so if I run into you, great!

Don't forget about our HALLOWEEN BASH on Saturday, October 29, 2005. There will be $4 Domestic Drafts and $5 Mixed Well Drinks and a $25 bar tab for the best costume!
Make sure to stop by as it will be a hellish night!

NUFF SAID

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Sorry I must defeat you this week. Super Freaks (aka Dan)