10.26.2005

Wednesday, October 26, 2005 (pt.2)



RANDOM OBSERVATIONS....

Last night I was having a conversation with THE LADY IN BLACK; she was talking about a pair of jeans that she'd just purchased. The retail price of the jeans was $300 DOLLARS(granted, she got a store discount and only paid...gulp...$150!!)! In any case, the fact that she responded so matter-of-factly, it got me to thinking: Am I that out of touch with reality? I think I remember paying at the most, $40 for a pair of Levi's, and I think I bitched about that. $300 dollars??? Is this normal? Help me to understand. It's D-E-N-I-M! What am I missing here? WTF???

While we're at it, what's the scoop with those RIDICULOUSLY loud-colored plastic/rubber/whatever rain boots that the Murray Hill SARAH JESSICA PARKER wannabes are wearing these days? These things are hideous and they immediately jump past the UGG on the SWANFATHER's list of Fashion Faux-Pas.... And i'm telling you now, if I catch a guy wearing a pair of these...things, all hell will break loose...Or is it okay for guys to wear those hideous things and I'm just out of the loop?

Is it just me or is everyone in the neighborhood sporting one of those little Mexican tamale dogs? Maybe I should get one, so I don't feel so out of the loop....

How dull has TV been without the Yankees to cheer for?

Halloween is coming up. Is anyone planning to actually dress up, or am I out of the loop?

Did everyone in Murray Hill see U2 except me? WTF....talk about being out of the loop...

Let me stop ranting.... As the so-called "neighborhood expert", let me tell ya, it really sucks being out of the loop.

NUFF SAID

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

U2 is back in Nov. I'll go with if you want. ~Angel.

Anonymous said...

it might just be me.....but does Tickl-Me-Elmo have a shot glass in front of him?....what kind of message are we sending the children?

Anonymous said...

I believe the "shot glass" is just a regular drinking glass, and is just in proportion to Elmo. However, I find it interesting that someone chose to point out an apparent shot glass as morally disturbing instead of the fact that they are about to eat Big Bird!

Anonymous said...

isn't that what you do this time of yesr....sit down with your family or friends and eat a big bird....

Swa said...

hahaha...go