11.17.2005

Thursday, November 17, 2005

NAKED WORLD

As I sit here writing the blog, I have on tv right now, an HBO documentary called NAKED WORLD; It's a piece about a photographer named SPENCER TUNICK who went on a quest to photograph naked people on all seven continents. Basically in a nutshell, this guy is getting paid to take photos of naked people in exotic locations! I must have missed my calling in life!

Yesterday I spent the day at the bar, tending the shop and taking care of various errands. I thought that it would be a lazy, dreary day (the weather forcast called for tsunami-like rain); however, the rains held off for most of the day and it was actually pretty nice out- which made for good foot traffic. The bar, while it wasn't busy, was steady enough that it wasn't boring either. I spent some of the afternoon holding court with the likes of MR TANQUERAY, THE POPE OF MURRAY HILL, SHAFT and the CUSACK TWINS, and took care of bar business in between visits. By the time I was relieved by HIS BOY ELROY, the skies opened up and the rains came, fast and furious.I got an unexpected visit from GOLDIE, who was meeting folks for dinner at nearby WOLFGANG'S. It was good to see him again, knowing that he's moving away this weekend.

Thursday is AFTER WORK HAPPY HOUR with $4 CORONAS, MICHELOB LIGHTS, FROZEN MARGARITAS & SANGRIA, beginning at 5pm. We have SEXY BLONDE and THE ITALIAN STALLION holding court behind the stick, so don't forget to stop by and say what's up.

NUFF SAID

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Goldie--I thought we were going to have a final drunken night during the week before you left? is it tonight? I've got a cosmo with your name on it!

~Angel