11.16.2005

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

EARLY NIGHT....

Last night I had dinner with a friend in my old stomping grounds on the Upper West Side. I ran a bit late because I was helping out with the shift change at the bar; Dollar Draft Madness was in full effect and I found myself having to jump behind the bar to help out MEAN GENE, who got hit with an unexpected rush. So by the time I finished with all of that and showered and changed, I was about an hour behind schedule. I phoned ahead to my friend and she was able to re-arrange our dinner reservation, thus giving me enough time to get there.

We had dinner at Cafe Con Leche, a pretty cool Mexican spot located across the street from my old apartment building on West 96th and Amsterdam Ave. Afterwards, we took a stroll around the old neighborhood and talked about the various changes in the hood. I realized then that I really miss the old neighborhood. It's quite different from Murray Hill in that it's much more eclectic; the perfect mix of cultures- Black, White, Hispanic, Asian, rich, poor, middle-class, etc. I guess sometimes you don't know how good something is (or was) until you don't have it anymore. Mind you, I had good reason to move out at the time(my landlord was robbing me blind), but it still doesn't take away from the fact that it was a cool neighborhood. And taking that stroll down Columbus Ave made me realize it all the more.

As I walked toward the apartment, I took a quick peek inside the bar and it looked pretty busy, which is always good. I bounced into the apartment, took a load off my feet and next thing you know.......ZZZZZZZZZZZ

I'm working for MEAN GENE today, covering the day shift. IPOD NIGHT continues tonight where you get to play DJ. Simply sign up for a timeslot, plug in your IPOD and let your playlist fly! $3 HEINEKEN/AMSTEL LIGHT pints and $5 well drinks all night long! Make sure to stop by!

SWANFATHER SONG OF THE WEEK: "When the World Ends" - Dave Matthews Band

NUFF SAID

No comments: