3.12.2007

"300"


Just saw the newly-released film, "300". Only have one word to describe it:


"Whoa!".

Based on Frank Miller's graphic novel, "300" retells the 480 B.C. Battle of Thermopylae, where the King of Sparta led his army of 300 Spartan warriors against the advancing Persians (who numbered about 100,000 troops of various sizes and shapes); The brave Spartans went into the battle knowing that their fate would be sealed, yet fought bravely nevertheless. Very inspiring tale of the ultimate underdog. The battle is said to have inspired all of Greece to band together against the Persians, and helped usher in the world's first democracy.

In my humble opinion, this film made "Gladiator" look like "Little Miss Sunshine". Expect lots of gory violence and inspired fight scenes- so inspiring in fact, it made me want to run out and don a pair of suede speedos and show off my six-pack (which practically everyone in the film has) and gut the hell out of everyone, in the name of democracy.


Check it out. By the way, note the resemblance between the Spartan King in the photo above, and yours truly.....


nuff said

3 comments:

Traveling Matt said...

I saw that trailer when I went to see Reno 911. I gotta say I cracked up the whole way through it. So you say it was good huh? Maybe I will see it yet!

Anonymous said...

Cingular is now the new AT&T...
(singing) All around the world...

Anonymous said...

Who's the hound dog next to the cute white guy in the picture, he needs to be walked?