ONE OF THOSE "WTF" NIGHTS....
Last night started innocently enough. We hosted another one of those marathon fundraisers for a couple of members of the NYAC (New York Athletic Club) and it brought in a pretty good crowd. Lots of rail-thin chicks too, as one would probably expect when you have a fundraiser geared towards marathon runners. They raffled off some pretty cool prizes (including a free entry into next year's NY Marathon) and while the raffle itself was a bit of a shit show (note to self, conduct the raffle yourself, don't let the tipsy girl hold the microphone), overall it raised a good sum of money for the cause.
We also had our share of FDNY types who came in to visit THE ITALIAN STALLION. They are generally a good group of guys; a lively group who isn't afraid to put away a pint or three.
Add to the mix, some strange folks with eccentric personalities that made your eyebrows rise. The clincher from this group was the two chicks from Brooklyn who made their presence known in the most annoying ways possible. For starters, one girl had about eight different bags with her, as if she was a homeless gypsy or something. She'd move ALL of her bags from one area of the bar to another, and when you have a busy bar, tripping over someone's bag can make for an annoying time.
On top of that, it turns out one of her bags had some bottles of wine in it. They broke and caused the bar to smell like a winery. Ugh. So we had to deal with that.
Then her little friend who reminded me of a female version of NAPOLEON DYNAMITE (short in stature, loud in mouth); She kept following me around asking when her songs would play on the jukebox. Every five minutes, "Where are my songs? Where are my songs? I wanna hear my songs!". I wanted to shove the jukebox down her throat. If it wasn't about her songs, it was something else. She wanted to kill MS. WISCONSIN because she didn't like the way she looked at her ("Hey, I may be short, but I'm from Brooklyn and I'll shank a bitch" was the quote of the night). She got mad when someone told her this wasn't American Idol when she tried to sing along with Rod Stewart's "Maggie May". In other words, a real prize.
I'd finally had enough of the both of them when I happened to look up and they were sitting under the big screen TV, blatently doing blow with each other. I screamed at them "What in the f*** are you doing??? Get the hell out of here!". At that point they saw I wasn't kidding and made a hasty retreat to the door. Idiots.
All in all, it was one of those "WTF" nights.
TONIGHT: After-Work Happy Hour (5-10pm), $4.00 Mixed Well Drinks and Draft Beers!
More updates this afternoon!
Nuff Said
No comments:
Post a Comment