8.28.2009

Friday, August 28, 2009

IT'S OFFICIAL...

I've bestowed the honor of "The Official Mascot of Third and Long" to Ruby, the French Bulldog. Ruby currently resides on East 35th Street with MR. LOW-KEY and his lovely wife. However, whenever he (LOW-KEY) or she (RUBY) goes out on their daily strolls, they both like to stop in the bar. Each has their own reasons for doing so; MR. LOW-KEY, to get his "debriefing" on from a long day at work. Ruby, well, she just likes the attention she gets whenever she comes in.

I got to be honest, she perks up whenever she comes in and she always bring a smile to my face. I almost got a bulldog years ago, however, it turns out I was allergic to it, so I had to get rid of it. Years later, Ruby comes along and while I'll still get a tingly feeling if I pet her too long, I don't mind. I simply enjoy her company. And to be quite honest with you, she does draw a crowd, in and outside of the bar. Even THE DON seemed to take a liking her when they formally met.

So that being said, she is now the OFFICIAL MASCOT of Third and Long.



WEEKEND HAPPENINGS:

FRIDAY: Weekend's finally here and while the forecast calls for rain due to Hurricane Danny, it won't stop folks from going out as we only have a couple of weekends left before summer ends. Kick it off right with our "Weekend Kick-Off", with $4 Mixed Well Drinks and most Drafts (see bartender for available drafts), 5-9pm!


SATURDAY: "Kick the Keg Saturdays" starts the day out with $2 mugs, ALL BEERS ON TAP*, 12-8pm, followed by "Sudsy Saturdays" (8-11pm), featuring 20oz BOMBERS of Bud/Bud Light or Coors Light ($4 ea.)!


Enjoy the weekend!


Nuff Said

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love that dawg. just hope we don't scare her away on brew crew sundays ... this'll be her first season after all ...
DubS