11.24.2009

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

By now most of you have followed my mission to raise awareness and funds for the MOVEMBER FOUNDATION, the Foundation for Men's Health Awareness and Support of Prostate/Testicular Cancer. Myself along with my team, the MO VAUGHN'S, a dynamic team of professionals and supporters of Third and Long banded together to support the cause. I have to say that feedback and support has been great and going into yesterday, I was $55 short of my personal goal of raising $500 for our team. Shortly after writing yesterday's blog entry, a couple of you stepped up to the plate and made donations to push my total over my goal amount! So as of today (11.24.09):

I've raised $595.00! Mo Vaughn's: $9526.00!

Again, I couldn't be happier with what we've accomplished thus far and I want to thank the following for helping me reach my goal:

JEN ABRAHAMSON
JASON CANDEE
ELIZABETH CIPOLETTI & ED FRANKEL
TRICIA FLEMING
JIM FOWLER
KARL FRANCE
AMY GAHAGEN
SARAH KANG
KEVIN LONGSTREET
MIKE LOUGHRAN
LAURA MAYO
TRAVIS RUNDLET
ELLEN SUTTON
CAROLYN ZENISEK

This wouldn't have been possible without your kindness and generosity. We're still taking donations up until the end of November. If you're interested in helping out the cause, feel free to make a donation at our MOVEMBER web site. All donations are, of course, tax-deductible!


THANKSGIVING WEEK ACTIVITIESBold
The next couple of days are hectic as everyone prepares to do the turkey thing with families and friends. For many of you, today will be your last full day of work for the week, and that usually means a big night out with the co-workers. That being said, we've ordered up extra kegs for our DOLLAR DRAFT MADNESS as tonight will most likely be a late night of partying.

As for Wednesday, we'll be hosting our PRE-THANKSGIVING DAY of CHEER, to help officially kick off the holiday weekend. With the usual Wednesday specials ($4 mixed well drinks for ladies and those who claim to be and $15 Miller High Life buckets), along with $4 Wild Turkey and Cran shots, what better way to jump start the chaotic holiday weekend?

By the way, in case you were wondering, there will be NO Pub Trivia this week. Pub Trivia will be back in full force next Wednesday!


AND FINALLY: If you haven't heard already, MATT LONG will be appearing this month on Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel, beginning tonight! Click on the link for air times!

TOMORROW: My yearly list of thanks.


That's It. That's All I Got.

No comments: