12.01.2009

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

24 SHOPPING DAYS 'TIL XMAS....

Today is December 1 and is it me or did 2009 go quickly? Damn, it feels like yesterday when we were celebrating BABY GIRL's New Year's Eve Pajama Party and now it's almost Christmas! Where did the time go? I'll have to go back to my calendar to highlight various events that took place over the year and get back to you on that (when you get to be my age, you have to refer to your notes for highlights). In the meantime, we can expect gridlock hell as everyone make their way into Manhattan for the Rockefeller Christmas Tree, the Menorah lighting, shop-till-you-drop excursions from Europe and all the like. Yay.

I guess the New Orleans Saints are the real deal, huh? You don't believe me? Just ask the New England Patriots. Going into last night's game, the Saints were averaging 36.9 points a game while the Patriots were averaging 29.0 points a game. Both teams boasted big-time quarterbacks (Brady and Brees) and plenty of offensive firepower. The Patriots were looked upon as the team to beat, due to their dynasty pedigree while the Saints, even with their undefeated record, still had something to prove. Well when it was all said and done, the Saints proved themselves without a doubt the team to beat, crushing the Pats, 38-17. Not even close. Question of the day: Will the New Orleans Saints stay undefeated? Stay tuned.

TIGERGATE. With all of the craziness of the economy, crime, Dubai, Afghanistan, Iraq, etc. swirling around us, why do we find ourselves obsessed with Tiger Woods and his current situation? Did he? Didn't He? Did she? Why? WHO CARES! Let's move on already!

As I mentioned before, today is December 1. That means that the Movember fund raising efforts came to an end yesterday and I have to say that I couldn't have been more pleased with the results. I met my personal fund-raising goal of $500.00; in fact, thanks to a last minute flurry of activity from the likes of JON CUSACK, NAPOLEON DYNAMITE and SHORT MICHELLE, I almost DOUBLED my goal, raising a grand total of $895.00! And our team, the MO VAUGHN's, raised over $11, 000.00! So once again, on behalf of my teammates and the Movember Foundation, THANK YOU!!! Next up: A long overdue shave!

TONIGHT: Dollar Draft Madness kicks off at 4pm, with $1 mugs of Bud/Bud Light and Bud Golden Wheat ALL NIGHT LONG! Hope to see you then!


That's It. That's All I Got.

No comments: