1.12.2010

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

5 YEARS AND 3,600 POSTS LATER...

The blog is still chugging along. Who would have known that this little thing would have lasted for so long, or more importantly, that I would have been able to find something to write about 3600 times? I amaze myself that I stuck with this thing for so long and more amazed that folks still continue to read this thing that I call "The Diary of Third and Long".

We've shared many experiences along the way, some good, some not so good, but mostly funny memories of life in a small bar in the big city. I've made many connections along the way, from near and far and I have to say that I treasure that more than anything. Being able to connect with folks from countries like England, Ireland, Turkey, Japan, India, Norway, Sweden, Brazil and even New Zealand has been enlightening, to say the least.

Most of all, I have to say that writing posts each day has helped me to keep my focus on what makes Third and Long what it is: An interesting place. We never try to be more than what we are and that's how I try to live my life. I am what I am- what you see is what you get and that's what Third and Long is in a nutshell. And I think folks who come here on a day-to-day basis feel the same way.

So, cheers for 5 years in the books and hopefully I can keep the fires burning to be able to write for another five. And thanks for your continued support in checking this thing out each day, week, month and/or year. As Big Chris from "Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels" puts it perfectly:


"
It's been emotional".



That's It. That's All I Got.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

No classic "Nuff Said" for the 3,600 post? Or the mandatory "WTF"?

B to the...

Anonymous said...

Congrats Swan!

-GOLDIE

Katherine said...

Happy (belate) Anniversary Swan! I've always loved your posts...they always make me smile and wish I could visit more often. You've done an incredible job capturing the moments and the people in them.

*kiss*
-K.