4.13.2010

Tuesday, April 13, 2010



OPENING DAY, PT. 2.

Today is the home opener for the NY Yankees. That means a long, drawn out ceremony where the World Series champions get their rings, honor everyone from the Mayor of NY, to all of the players, past and present, and God himself. So by the time the game actually starts, it's sundown.

That being said, I have to keep this post short so that I can prep the bar for the occasion. Yes, that means hot dogs, pretzels, and all of that good stuff. So if you're in the neighborhood and don't have a ticket for the game, please stop by, have a cold one and free hot dog. I promise you they will be good.

In the meantime, I want to wish a very happy birthday to my homeslice, AFRIKA BAMBATTA, who turns 49 today (just kidding, though I suspect his liver is about that age). We go all the way back to '92 and he is still the bane of my existence. God bless him. Enjoy the day though I suspect it will end with him under an empty bottle of Maker's Mark in some seedy underground spot, whereabouts unknown. So print out a picture of him and if you come across his carcass in your travels today, throw him in a cab and send him up to West 106th and Columbus Ave. He should be good from there.


More to come....


That's It. That's All I Got.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Seedy underground spot??!? That would be my other son..

-Sign
Mother Goldie