3.24.2011

MY NEW BEST FRIEND...

The last few days I've found myself laid up in my man cave, thanks to a wicked bout of the flu.  And as miserable as that was, I found comfort from my friends on Facebook, who recommended every remedy under the sun to help me kick this bug.  At the end of the day, I went with the old trusty stand-by:


While it probably wasn't the best stand-by remedy to go with, it's what I had available so when you get lemons, you make lemonade. That being said, I think I'm over the hump on this bug, which is a good thing because I'm beginning to get cabin fever.

One good thing about being laid up in sick bay is that I got to catch up on my TV watching.  I can't believe how tight the NHL Western Conference is going into the last two weeks of the regular season.  I have a feeling Calgary is out of luck after last night's game.  And I am intrigued to see whether or not New Jersey completes its improbable comeback (I don't think they will).  I've also tried to make sense of my March Madness bracket (or what's left of it).  Where did I go wrong? What was I thinking putting Notre Dame in as my champion?  I've always had a disdain for the Fighting Irish and I should have stuck with my gut.  Aaaarrgh!

That being said, the NCAA Sweet Sixteen kicks off tonight.  With virtually nothing else to cheer for, I'm intrigued at how far the "underdogs" (Richmond, Virginia Commonwealth) will go.  I think there may be another upset or two in the making.  Let's see what happens.

*Molson Twin Thursdays (5pm-10pm), featuring 2 Molson Canadian bottles, $7!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You bet your brackett on a bunch of white kids from Indiana? Dude, not a good bet.

But on that note, go Badgers! They's pretty white and being from Wisconsin I have to root for them but I certainly wouldn't have them winning the whole thing.

Kind of like picking Woody Harrelson over Wesley Snipes.

B to the...