6.18.2012

BACK IN THE DAY....

A few weeks back I was at the bar chattin' it up with some of the regulars and conversation turned to The Professor, who was peddling free papers and tying up traffic on East 35th Street as usual.  I swear he drives me crazy and sooner or later, he's going to get hit by a dump truck, but what can I tell a 97 year-old man?  He's set in his ways.

We started to talk about his past as a comedian back in the 70's when it dawned on me that I remembered seeing him in a rap video once.  After giving it some more thought, I remembered that he appeared in a Run DMC music video called "ROCK BOX".  Looking back on this video, I can't help but wonder how cool we thought this video was back then...



I can't help but to chuckle watching it now.  He sure was a hipster back then.  And to think you were among greatness all this time and didn't even know it!


Don't forget to stop by tomorrow night for BABY GIRL's last shift behind the stick before she moves back to California!  If you haven't had a chance to say farewell yet, this is your chance to do so!  She'll love to see you!

AND FINALLY: Our dear friend, KEVIN SWAN is currently battling ALS and has set up a foundation for ALS Awareness & Research ("A Life Story Foundation").  The Foundation is currently running an auction to raise funds for the Foundation and there are some terrific items up for grabs!  Check out the auction, bid on a few things and know that you are supporting a great cause for a great guy!  You can check out the auction site HERE!


Cheers!






No comments: