3.20.2013

POST-ST. PATRICK'S DAY THOUGHTS...

I made it through yet another St. Patrick's Day celebration and have been trying to post my thoughts on the recent St. Patrick's Day weekend, but for some strange reason, I found myself busier than usual.  This was strange because usually there's a lull right after the St. Patrick's Day event, but with March Madness kicking off this week, there's a lot to get done.


Looking back on the recent weekend, and I have to say it went pretty well, all things considered.  We opened at 9am and by 10:30am, I was already in bulldog mode, turning away drunk kids with fake ID's   with swift precision.  This always amuses me because for starters, these underaged kids give themselves away with their backpacks filled with water bottles and overindulgent costumes.  Then the belligerent attitudes and foul mouths usually confirm things for me, even before they pull out their fake ID's.  Oy. 

Then we got the unexpected snowfall, which, in my opinion, tempered the spirits of the St. Patrick's Day crowd a bit.  But all things being equal, it was still a very good day, with revelers celebrating well into the night.  I worked a full 14 hour day myself before retiring for the night to prepare for the actual St. Patrick's Day festivities on Sunday (the NYC parade was held on Saturday March 16th, in case you didn't know).  That Sunday, while not as crazy as the Saturday festivities, was almost as fun, in a laid-back kind of way.  Best part of the whole weekend?  No fights!













By the time the weekend ended, I could not feel my feet and it took until Tuesday to finally get back to normal, physically.  What a weekend- good times, but I'm glad it's finally over.


NEXT UP: MARCH MADNESS 2013!

No comments: