This was sort of interesting (file under "WTF"); This young lady came into the bar and asked if we had Internet connection. We helped her get online and as she began surfing the net, B.C. and I started asking her some general questions, just to get a sense of who she was and what her story was.
As it turns out, doll baby just moved to New York from Santa Barbara, California and moved into her new apartment in Greenpoint, Brooklyn.... only to move out ten minutes later. Apparently, the ad on Craigslist failed to mention the "flying cockroaches" that shared the "great deal" of an apartment she thought she was getting.
So she's currently staying with a relative across the street, while looking for new digs. Leave it to AFRIKA BAMBATTA (a.k.a. RICKEY HENDERSON) to go and lend a "helping hand".... You can't make this stuff up.
As the afternoon went on, more and more people came strolling in, many to say hi to BLONDE CHATTERBOX or to wish yours truly a Happy Birthday. Next thing you know, we found ourselves slammed to the gills with friends of the bar. And while yours truly found himself running back and forth behind the bar, our dear friend BLONDE held court, much like Lady Diana would back in the day. She did get her hands wet, however, when it became apparent that we were slammed. So hats off to her for that, seeing that she just got a manicure a day earlier!
Then came the dreaded moment: Having to sing the fight song in front of the whole bar. AFRIKA BAMBATTA took great joy in getting on the microphone and introducing me to the public. After much laughter and taunts from the peanut gallery, I got on the mike and did what I had to do. I'm not quite sure who suffered more- me in singing that god-awful song, or the patrons for listening to me butcher it. Hey it was all in good fun and I am a man who always honor his bets.
The rest of the afternoon/night was a total blur as we stayed busy throughout. By the time I finally got off of my feet (around 8pm), my shrimp basket that I'd ordered hours earlier was cold but I was so hungry at that point that I didn't care. All told, it was a good day and I think everyone had a good time. SWAN DAY '08 was one for the ages.
DOLLAR DRAFT MADNESS continues tonight with $1.00 Bud/Bud Light mugs, starting at 4pm and rolling ALL NIGHT LONG! Drink a mug or two in my honor as today is my actual birthday!
Nuff Said
1 comment:
Ramona, ummm....
B to the...
Post a Comment