1.14.2009

THE BIG CHILL....

I woke up early again to catch up on some work and made my way outside to grab a cup of coffee. As soon as I hit the street a wicked blast of cold air hit me like a slap in the face. Talk about a wake up call! With temps predicted to hover around 20 degrees for most of the day, it's going to be a brutally cold trek folks, so bundle up. I haven't felt cold like that since my Cleveland days....

As I said before, I woke up early again today, mainly because I went to bed very early last night (9:00-ish) to catch up on some sleep and to hopefully shake off this cold/cough once and for all. Apparently a medical report came out yesterday linking the lack of sleep to more susceptibility to colds. And since I am one who averages about four hours of sleep a night (if I'm lucky), that makes sense to me. So I am trying to make it a point of catching up on sleep wherever possible. Not the easiest thing to do considering my wacky schedule.

We're playing bartender-by-committee while looking for a replacement for our recently departed OPIE CUNNINGHAM, who's preparing for a move to Australia. It's not the easiest thing to hire a day bartender; you have to find someone who you can trust, is capable of dealing with vendors and great at multi-tasking; and most importantly, someone that has a great personality behind the bar. We've been blessed for the most part for having individuals who fit that bill in the past, so it's equally important that we find someone who has those same attributes now. So in the meantime, we go on with the committee approach until we find that person who is the right fit for us. So don't be surprised to see me making an occasional appearance behind the stick during the day.

In the meantime, I don't mean to keep harping on the SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE piece, but did I mention how hot FREIDA PINTO was?




Damn. She has me thinking twice about ordering chicken curry! D'oh!


TONIGHT: It's Wednesday which means that it's time for WEDNESDAY NIGHT PUB TRIVIA!

You know the routine: Get to the bar around 7, claim your spot and get settled. Order a six-pack of Bud Light and assemble your team for the big showdown. Compete against other teams for dorky prizes and bragging rights and hopefully you'll walk out of there with the coveted "TRIVIA CUP" filled with, yes, more beer and a $30.00 bar tab!

It's free to play and who knows? You may actually win or at the very least, score a hook-up (which seems to be the rage at these things lately). Score Bud Light buckets (6 cans/$15.00) or for the ladies, $3.00 Mixed Well Drinks!

It's "Hump Day" and what better way to get over the hump than to unleash your " Inner Pop Trivia Geekness" at a night of Pub Trivia!

TONIGHT'S THEME: Disney!


See you tonight!


Nuff Said

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

what is tonights theme?

Anonymous said...

Hump day? Hook-up? Sounds expensive, for the guys at least. Enjoy the cold weather. I'm looking at 7 degrees right now. So much for the warm lake effect.

B to the...

Anonymous said...

Who's running the show since Opie is going Down Under?

Anonymous said...

is freida pinto even indian? she looks latino. dubS