9.22.2005

Thursday, September 22, 2005

FALSE ALARM....

Lately I've found myself having trouble getting to sleep at a decent hour. I don't know if it's due to my work schedule and being used to falling asleep at 5am, or what. But with having the night off, I was determined to go to sleep early and catching up on some much needed ZZZZZZZ..... Of course, I ended up tossing and turning, getting up every half hour or so to check what was on the tv or on the computer. I ended up falling asleep at 5am anyways.......

Until I suddenly woke up to the smell of smoke. Now this wasn't the smell of hot coffee or breakfast cooking in the kitchen. This was some serious smoke-the kind that comes with FIRE. Now my windows were open and I got a hint of smoke from outside, so I freaked out, jumped out of bed and thinking that it was our building, ran out of the apartment, tumbled halfway down the stairs and out of the door.

Looking up and around the building, I quickly ascertained that it wasn't my building that was on fire, although there was definitely something burning close by. The traffic was gridlocked more than normal and fire trucks could be heard blaring in the distance..(the fire itself was a couple of blocks away, off of 3rd Avenue, near SARGES DELI). At this point, I could feel my oft-injured foot throbbing and then I realized that I locked myself out of the building and that I wasn't wearing any shoes. Boy did I feel like an ass.

After standing outside for about 10 minutes, one of the neighbors finally walked out of the building and I was able to get back in. But now my foot's killing me again and that will definitely set me in a grumpy mood.

If anyone's interested, you can catch MASTER THESPIAN in an acting performance tonite that can be described as "American Idol" meets Broadway. From what I read in the newspaper, it sounds like an interesting concept. In any case, if you are interested in seeing him in action, here are the details:

The Audition
Wings Theatre.
154 Christopher St.
This Thursday Night, Sept 22nd, 8pm
Ticket info: 212.352.3101 or online
at www.theatermania.com!


Afterwards, come back for our Thursday Night Happy Hour ($4 Coronas, Michelob Light, Sangria and Margaritas).

Now if you'll excuse me, I gotta ice my foot. What a way to end the summer.

NUFF SAID

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

try "boppin' the bishop"....it'll put ya right to sleep!

Anonymous said...

Yes, and if that doesn't work, then you should masturbate.