10.19.2005

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

RARE SIGHTINGS.....

I apologize for the late evening post as I had computer troubles (yet again) and then I had to cover the day shift for MEAN GENE, who had previously requested today off.

First my computer issues. As most of you know, i've been surviving with an old beat up IBM Aptiva (circa 1996) and it's been acting up more and more as modern technology increases. I haven't gone through the trouble to buy a new computer yet, well simply b/c I haven't gotten around to doing it. I was chatting with FRENCHY on IM when he informed me that everything I typed to him came out double on his end- and that it was a sign of a computer virus. I didn't know if it was true or not but in any case, shortly after I logged off with him, my computer froze on me. I of course, panicked because I can't survive more than a day without a computer. I tried to run various tests on it and after about 45 minutes, I was somehow able to get it up and running. I really need to get a computer ASAP.... ($$$). Well, my birthday is around the corner, so maybe I'll finally bite the bullet and treat myself to one.

I get to the bar and shortly after I open, a familiar face came walking through the door: THE GOOD SAMARITAN strolled in, like the phoenix rising from the ashes. He looked well rested and lost weight- actually looked pretty good for a guy who's been under a lot of stress of late. We caught up on things and chewed the fat when MR. TANQUERAY walked in for his daily liquid meal. We continued to talk shop and joke around when I received a call on the cell. It was my special "friend", CANADIAN ICE QUEEN (click on her name to see her), who was in town for a few modeling gigs. She was trying to reach me since yesterday, but our signals got crossed and as a result, we couldn't hook up. She wanted to stop by to say hi before going to the airport. So I alerted the boys of her impending arrival, and of course, neither of them waited for various reasons. MR. TANQUERAY realized that he had to go back to work, while THE GOOD SAMARITAN stepped out for a bite to eat.

Well, as luck would have it, CANADIAN ICE QUEEN ended up stopping by shortly after he left. When she walked in, I immediately realized that I'd forgotten how hot she was (I hadn't seen her in over a year). We chatted for about 10 minutes before she had to rush off to catch her last gig before leaving town. She did inform me, however, that she was planning on moving to the Big Apple in the very near future....hmmmm.

The rest of the afternoon went by pretty quickly; I wasn't very busy, but steady enough that it wasn't boring. I met with a few vendors, got a lot of stuff done behind the bar and when my night shift arrived, I bid everyone adieu and took off like Suzy's prom dress. I came back to the apartment with a bit of apprehension because I didn't know whether or not my computer would still be working...if you are reading this post, then it means that Old Ned is working fine....

All told, not a bad day....Damn she looked good...

NUFF SAID

No comments: