4.03.2007

ODD SIGHTING OF THE DAY

So I'm at the laundromat this morning, getting my weekly laundry done. As I entered the laundromat, I notice a peculiar looking woman sitting on the bench near the cash desk. Now I've seen this woman walking around the neighborhood recently and my guess about her was that she was homeless, down on her luck. Nothing special about her otherwise. Caucasian, probably mid-upper 40's. Matted hair and streaks on her face indicate that she's probably had a hard life.

As I walk by her, I notice that she's taking off her socks and I get blind-sided by a seriously rough stench. I feel my nostrils flair up instantly and I began to gasp for air. It was a brutally strong stench. So immediately, I find myself going to the far end of the laundromat, simply to escape the smell.

Now the woman is there to wash her belongings and I can't hate on her for that; Who wants to walk around in funky duds? I sure wouldn't. So because of that, I didn't say anything. However, what happened next threw me for a loop.

When I started to load up the washing machines with my laundry, out of the corner of my eye I see the woman, loading up one of the washers with her stuff. No biggie. But while she was loading up the washing machine, I couldn't help but to notice something odd: She had on a long black leather jacket (probably 3 quarter length) and when she would reach into the machine, the jacket would open and reveal that she was wearing nothing underneath! The poor woman was buck ass naked under her jacket while trying to wash her clothes.

Now I didn't know how to react. On the one hand, it was like watching a car wreck- you know you wanna look away, but you can't; Yet at the same time, you feel bad for her because she is in this predicament. WTF?

The owner happened to walk by her and immediately stopped- no doubt due to the smell. When he turned to speak to her, he noticed right away that she was buck-assed naked under her jacket and they ended up getting into an argument and he eventually kicked her out of the laundromat. The few of us that were there to witness the whole thing were stunned, needless to say. Speechless. And you know that's tough to do with me. Make me speechless.


nuff said

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And you let her slip away? Talk about a missed opportunity.

B to the...

Anonymous said...

I can't totally relate to the smell of roten socks. The landlord has some really bad feet funk. Whenhe takes off his socks they stand up on their own. And his underwear--OMG.

Don't get any funny ideas about that. I don't go around sniffing his goods or anything. But when you are warm in your bed sleeping and you feel something slipping you on the face and a voice saying:

"Which one of these are clean? I can't tell."

It's hard to ignore. Yes, this is how the landlord wakes me when he needs me to move my car in the morning so he can get to work on time(he has been late a lot and his dyke of a bos has been yelling at him).

So Swandaddy I feel your pain.

Julie