10.29.2007

Monday, October 29, 2007


ONE HELL OF A WEEKEND..... PT. I

The past weekend was a whirlwind of activity both at the bar and for myself. With most people celebrating Halloween early, there was a bevy of costumed characters running around all over the place. Our bar was hosting a Halloween party of its own and while I knew it would be a busy night, I didn't realize how crazy it would really get.

I started out my night by checking out a hockey game at New Jersey's new arena, the Prudential Center (a.k.a. the Rock). My Ottawa Senators were there to face off against the hometown Devils and let me tell you, talk about a nice place! This facility was off the hook! Great seats, plenty of concession stands, bright lighting, tons of toilets... all the things that you want when you go to see a game. Very easy to get to (make sure you take NJ Transit (as opposed to PATH). Definitely worth a look-see.

While at the game, I got up to get some beers for me and DOUBLE S. (who had the tickets). I go to the beer stand, wait in line and when it came time for me to order the beers, some snot-nosed chick asked me for my ID!! I looked at her and said "you're kidding, right?" She frowned at me and asked me again for my ID. I said that I didn't have it on me, adding to the fact that I was going to be 40-something the next day. She wouldn't budge and wouldn't let me buy the beers. Are you kidding me? I'm old enough to be her father and she wouldn't sell me my beers! WTF! That was the only sour spot on what was otherwise a great time (Ottawa won 4-1, by the way).

Getting back to the city, it was time for me to jump into costume and join the fray at the bar. I was meeting up with some folks who wanted to share their birthday wishes for me. When I got there, I was immediately greeted at the door by THE ENERGIZER BUNNY and her boy toy, who were dressed as a chef and a giant pumpkin, respectively. At this point I knew it was going to be a funny night.
Moments later, I was surprised by the ENERGIZER BUNNY's roommate, WINNE COOPER, who showed up with a birthday cake for me and the bar broke out in a rousing rendition of "Happy Birthday" (which always embarrasses me to no end).

The rest of the night became a blur- there was so much going on at once, and the place got so packed with people.... that sadly to say I had to bail! I couldn't take it anymore. It was a mental overload. Maybe it's a sign of old age. Who knows? All I knew was if I didn't get the heck out of there, I would have found myself journeying into the dark side. :)

In the meantime, here are some pics from the night...... Part II, (the day after) will be posted this afternoon.






Here I am, paying off my bet with MATTIAS, for Cleveland losing to Boston in the American League Championship Series...... Congrats to the RED SOX, by the way, for winning the World Series. At least we lost to the eventual champion. Grrrr.....



























One Hell of a Weekend, Pt II. coming up this afternoon!


NUFF said

No comments: