10.27.2007

Saturday, October 27, 2007

HALLOWEEN PARTY TIME!!!

Just woke up a little while ago and I'm feeling some pep in my step. It's going to be (hopefully) a fun-filled weekend for yours truly. For starters, I'm going to see my OTTAWA SENATORS play against the NEW JERSEY DEVILS at their new arena in Newark, NJ. Yes, I said NEWARK.... the former armpit of the state is apparently experiencing a new rebirth and the grand opening of the Prudential Center (better known as "The Rock") is the cornerstone of the rebirth for that fair little city My buddy and one of our regulars, DOUBLE S. has season tickets and has graciously invited me for the game for my birthday. Should be fun.

Afterwards, we plan on stopping back at the bar to check out the Halloween Festivities. I'm expecting a fun crowd tonight though I'm a bit bummed about my costume. T-BILL somehow got his hands on a Miller High Life deliveryman workshirt for me and I was planning on being the funny delivery guy on those TV commericals you always see on Sunday afternoons. However, I just tried on the shirt- it's too damn small!!!!! WTF! I think it's time for me to call KIRTSIE ALLEY and her friends at Jenny Craig. Crap. So I will have to come up with something last minute to please my peeps.

Tomorrow is the actual B-day, so I plan on spending the day on the other side of the bar with my BREW CREW family and watch some football and have some fun. I was able to line up some bartenders to cover for me- which means I get to be a part of the chaos that we always know as "Sunday Funday". Should be a good time; will probably get ugly at some point.

Last night was a decent night, considering we spent most of it under steady rainfall, which more or less killed the foot traffic on Third Avenue. We had our fair share of tourists who weren't afraid to brave the elements- among them a handful of really hot chicks (which of course, is always nice).

DWEEB OF THE WEEK: One of our patrons came in by himself, proceeded to drive out half of the chicks in the bar and then proceeded to open not ONE, but TWO separate bar tabs, leaving two credit cards in the process (I guess he opened one up with each bartender). After being a drunken mess and chasing tail out of the bar, he decides to pursue chicks at another bar.

At the end of the night, we realize that he left his tabs open so we close them out. A few minutes later, I hear someone banging on the window and it's HIM. At this point, he's even more drunk than before and of course, no chick in tow. I tell him that he forgot his tabs and he acknowledged the fact and goes to sign out his tabs. It takes him a few minutes to get himself together and when he finally signs out the tabs, he didn't leave a tip. ON BOTH TABS! Are you kidding me?? Not only do you come in, harass the barstaff, chase out the chicks and make a royal pain of yourself, you stiff on the tip! Pitiful. I'm not going to say his name but let's just say it rhymes with "MACARONI" and he's named after a bank. We'll leave it at that.


SUNDAY FOOTBALL SCHEDULE:

1PM

NY GIANTS vs MIAMI
INDIANAPOLIS vs CAROLINA
PHILADELPHIA vs MINNESOTA
PITTSBURGH vs CINCINNATI
ST. LOUIS vs CLEVELAND

415PM

NY JETS vs BUFFALO
SAN DIEGO vs HOUSTON
WASHINGTON vs NEW ENGLAND
TAMPA BAY vs JACKSONVILLE
NEW ORLEANS vs SAN FRANCISCO

$3.00 Bud/Bud Light Pints ALL DAY LONG! See everyone tomorrow!



NUFF said

No comments: