12.10.2009

Thursday, December 10, 2009

THE DEEP FREEZE

Mother Nature seems to be making her presence felt by blasting us with arctic-like temperatures. as I write this, it is 44 degrees, however, the windchill makes it feel like 30 degrees. And with wind advisories in effect pretty much all day, it's going to be brisk, to say the least. I guess we'll have to get used to it.

Last night's trivia went pretty well; the theme for the night was CANADA and for some strange reason, everyone looked to me as the expert. Just because I like to go to Canada, doesn't make me an expert (yet). The staff put together their own team, along with JON CUSACK and they ended up in a second-place tie with another team, which resulted in a "chug-off". The staff team elected SCUBA STEVE to compete in the "chug-off", and sadly, he did not fare well. Let's just say that his chugging days are well behind him. The night itself was a good one and a good time was had by all.
Bold
CONDOLENCES go out to the family of TONY FERRARA, (pictured right) a great neighbor to the bar and a very good friend who passed away over the weekend after a long illness. We had many a good conversation over the years and his stories about life in Major League Baseball were legendary. He was well liked in the neighborhood and his presence will certainly be missed. He was one of the good ones...

I've been battling the stomach flu for most of the week so I'm going to keep this post short. I have errands to run then I am going back to bed. In the meantime don't forget to catch THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL featuring the rapidly slumping PITTSBURGH STEELERS and the awakening giant, the CLEVELAND BROWNS (8pm)! Bring your friends/co-workers and catch our Thirsty Thursday special ($4 Sam Adams/Coors Light pints OR $20 Miller Lite/Coors Light buckets) !

UFC 107: PENN vs SANCHEZ this Saturday night (10pm). NO COVER CHARGE!


AND FINALLY: A little bird tells me that we made Us Weekly, thanks to Josh Duhamel hanging out at our place last week. As soon as I locate the article, I'll post it here.


That's It. That's All I Got.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The bank outside my window currently says 4 degrees. You should be thankful you have another 4 to make a pair.

B to the...

Anonymous said...

Go Browns! cz

Anonymous said...

Can't believe Cleveland won last night. Oh, and you should be getting a package in the mail next week. You can thank me later.

B to the...

cdutlinger said...

holy crap Tony died? Great guy sorry to hear it.

-S