12.30.2009

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

A CROWDED BAR IS NOT ALWAYS A GOOD THING...

Sorry for the late post. Trying to work from the bar doesn't always work for me as I am constantly getting interrupted by vendors and cold-callers and such. Part of the business I guess.

Last night was another busy night at the bar. I get the sense that a lot of folks took the whole week off because we were much busier than normal for this time of year. Tourists, regulars and locals celebrating their time off took full advantage of the dollar mugs. So much so that we almost ran out of Bud and Bud Light. That's a lot of kegs we blew threw throughout the course of the night.






Like I said before, the beers were flowing and everyone seemed to be having a good time, just like the previous night. One funny incident took place earlier in the evening. I was at the end of the bar, near the stairwell (where I usually post myself) and there was a bit of a scrum to get to the bar. The back area was pretty packed and I eventually found myself wedged between the wall and this rather large young lady. She had just arrived with a group and was trying to order beers from AMY SMART.

Like I said before, she was pressed up against the bar ordering drinks and trying to get her friends attention at the same time. When she turned her back to call out to someone, I suddenly felt a vibration on my right thigh. At first I thought I was getting a phone call. However, as soon as she turned back to get her beers, this SMELL began to emanate from where she was standing. It was such a startling stench that everyone in our area immediately looked up at her. She FARTED on my leg! Everyone gave her the stink eye as she casually walked away with her mugs in tow. It was disgusting.

The rest of the night she partied away with her friends, doing her hip-hop dance impressions and shaking what her mama gave her. The whole time I felt my thigh burning from the present she left me. I literally wanted to throw up. Bless her heart.






The rest of the night was pretty uneventful. Same old scenarios: groups of young professionals ordering massive amounts of mugs of beer. Wannabe ballers nickel-and-diming over buybacks of $1 beers. The usual suspects. But the night was a successful one nevertheless. And most importantly, no one got hurt, which is always important in my book. I expect another busy night leading into New Year's Eve, which is shaping into another fun-filled affair.

Speaking of tonight, it's LADIES NIGHT, with the ladies benefiting with $4 mixed well drinks ALL NIGHT LONG! We also have $15 buckets of Miller High Life and $4 pints of Bud Golden Wheat and Molson Canadian throughout the night. Should be a good night.


Sorry again for the late post.


That's It. That's All I Got.

No comments: